Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why Blog?

As I ask myself this question, these answers pop out -- it's for growth, for the challenge, for the practice, for the accomplishment. Now what does that all mean to me?

Growth -- writing growth, expression growth, being able to both identify and articulate my thoughts, ideas and beliefs. There's a lot of room for growth here!

The challenge -- the challenge to both come up with writings and to commit to doing them is big for me. I have a tendency to give up at the slightest blow to my ideas. I'm accepting the challenge this blog represents and will commit to write on a regular basis.

The practice -- everyone knows practice makes perfect ... well, maybe not perfect, but practice definitely helps you get better at whatever skill you are endeavoring to develop. Swing, batter! Write, writer!

The accomplishment -- what a charge we get when we complete a goal we set before ourselves. Just getting the blog up was huge for me. Those first posts were exhilarating . I want to continue that sense of accomplishment as well as accomplish what I set out to do.

And so, for now, I blog.

No comments: