Saturday, May 23, 2009

Changes

Life changes, but do we? We try to adapt and adjust, but often it's a facade because we can't, or won't, allow ourselves to embrace the new direction life is taking us. Why is that? Why can't we let go of the old ways that have ended and give ourselves over to a new beginning?

As I came back to my blog page after a 2 month hiatus I thought, it's time for a change. Change isn't easy ... especially with my lack of tech skills. But hey, it's not the same old circles! Changes, new beginnings, do-overs - it's often what we say we want. Let's try it for awhile and see how it fits. Some changes aren't meant to be permanent.

3 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

Yea! You're back! Love your redecorating! Change is hard, scary, resistable, exciting, breath-taking, necessary, and too many other things to list. I HATE jumping to the next wheel! I LOVE jumping to the next wheel! Do you every find that you are scared and brave simultaneously?

Pat Bennett said...

Fe, yes, I have had times where I was scared and brave (by necessity!) at the same time. It feels like stepping off a cliff. just as Indiana Jones did in the Search for the Holy Grail when his dad's life hung in the balance. Sometimes we've just gotta do it! The key to me though, is to find the internal motivation that moves me forward as bravely as the external motivation has. Does that make sense?

CoyoteFe said...

Of course it makes sense! It's just the worrying and wondering if it's safe, if it's time, it we are ready. But, your right: there comes a time when all the worry and hesitation and excuses are pointless. Time to step of the cliff and trust everything - including ourselves. Yea!