Sunday, January 11, 2009

Soar

My word for 2009 is Soar. I found this great picture (posted below because I didn't know how to include it here) It was taken in Maine where I spent my childhood, but I know Old Orchard Beach, so it has memory as well as direction. However, I have no idea what I'm doing when I try to add various items to my blog, so I have this large picture and no way to control it ... Ok, that sounds like my life! I often see the big picture - my dreams - but then I don't know what to do to achieve them or even what steps to take to get started. And so like this picture, they speak to my heart and beckon me, but I just talk about it and seldom actually accomplish what I say I want to do. Step one is learning more about the "gadgets" I try to post. There are many lessons to be learned here.

For now, I think I'll just soar without obligation and check out the sights; but keep my eyes open for the next step. I know it's out there. And I do have a bird's eye view!

5 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

I feel you, Pat. I think the big picture is so much easier to visualize, because whatever you are seeking is right there in front of you. clear as day. But, all the things we need to do to realize it are in little, scattered bit like jigsaw pieces or mosaic tiles. All those bits may or may not add up to our vision (did a piece fall on the floor?) and it's daunting believe that those scraps of color will actually come to anything! Argh!

Then again, think of all the times they do!

I'll send you directions for getting graphics into your posts.

Like your word for 2009!

Pat Bennett said...

Thank you Fe! I have felt surrounded by the small pieces that don't always seem like they fit, but, I keep believing I'm being led and I know it will all come together - and completely surprise me!

I appreciate your insight, wisdom and encouragement. I sense a wonderful, kindred spirit.

And I definitely appreciate any information/guidance for working with the graphics. I spent a couple of hours on pictures and 20 minutes on writing. It seems like it should be the other way!

CoyoteFe said...

Ha! I have spent twice as long searching for music than writing too! I figure as long as we are happy, it's all good. Who's gonna grade us? :-)

TRXTR said...

SOAR!! Be lifted up, and let your uplifting be uplifting to others!

SOAR!! Let out the roar! Stifle it no more!

SOAR!! Feel the wind beneath your wings! Sing the Song that eternally sings!

SOAR!! Open wide! Open wide! Open wide!

And go into the Great Wide Open...

Pat Bennett said...

Trxtr ... thank you for the encouragement get off the ground, take a chance and SOAR!